NYCHA case

Can a Lawyer Help Me With a NYCHA Case?

If you are having some kind of issue with the New York City Housing Authority, we may be able to help. The NYCHA is a massive organization with plenty of resources at its disposal. When you have a dispute with them, you should have someone on your side who is ready to fight for you. Our lawyers have experience handling NYCHA (NYC Housing Authority) cases and we can probably help solve your problem as well. You just need to tell us what is going on, and then we will help you build the strongest NYCHA case possible.

What Kinds of Problems Can Cause a NYCHA Case?

There are plenty of different problems that can lead to the development of an NYCHA case. Some disputes that we often help solve include:

Issues with repairs or maintenance: As a tenant, you have a right to a safe and habitable environment. This means that when something breaks around your apartment or your building, the NYCHA is responsible for fixing it. When the housing authority dawdles and does not fix a problem with the utilities or repair damage to your apartment, then it’s time to pursue an NYCHA case.

Late rent and evictions: The NYCHA can try to evict you if you have not paid the rent, participated in criminal activity, or otherwise violated your lease terms. You can also face eviction for late rent, if you frequently pay late. This is true even if you are all caught up on what you owe! We will do our best to defend you from accusations of wrongdoing and prevent you from being evicted.

Who can take over a lease: If you are trying to pass on your apartment to someone else, there are specific protocols and rules about that. We can help you do things the right way and avoid a NYCHA case.

A lack of accommodations: The NYCHA has to make reasonable accommodations for tenants when possible. So if you are someone who uses a wheelchair and lives in public housing, you should expect your building to offer things like wheelchair ramps and a working elevator.

Why Should I Hire a Lawyer When I Have a NYCHA Case?

It is hard to describe just how huge of an organization the New York City Housing Authority is. If there is an NYCHA case against you or you have some conflict with the housing authority, you can be sure that it will be represented by a lawyer. You should even the odds a bit by making sure that you have an experienced housing attorney who can advocate for you and your family.

Talk to an Experienced Lawyer Today

When it comes to something as important as the roof over your head, you should not try to take on such a big organization all by yourself. Contact Robert Rosenblatt & Associates to schedule a consultation. We can take a closer look at your situation and let you know more about what we can do for you. This initial consultation is free, but the information you gain from it could be invaluable.

Website Designed & Managed by